College Placement guides and supports each student through academic preparation and the college selection, 应用程序, 招生, and results processes, all of which belong to the student. We encour年龄 our students take responsibility for their own efforts, trust their own judgment, and chart a course for their own success.
As students transition to 9th grade, our College Placement Counselor helps the 8th-grade students choose their upcoming 9th grade courses. They also take the PSAT during their 8th-grade year.
Freshman Year (9th Grade)
- Be sure to select appropriate classes.
- Your overall GPA is reviewed by colleges beginning 今年. Study hard and keep your grades up!
- 参与! Join co-curricular 行为ivities such as athletics and clubs, and participate in community service to build your college resume.
- Register with the College Board for comprehensive online college & career planning (free to students who have taken the PSAT).
- Refine essay writing in English classes.
- Begin to develop your resume to systematically record high school accomplishments and participation, as well as collect documents.
- Start thinking about possible colleges and academic areas of interest
- Begin using Naviance, a college planning resource
Sophomore Year (10th Grade)
- Continue to challenge yourself academically
- Begin thinking about leadership positions in your co-curricular 行为ivities and in 海军科学 and the school
- Continue to participate in community service to build your college resume.
- 参加PSAT考试 in October
- Continue to develop your resume to systematically record high school accomplishments and participation, as well as collect documents.
- Start a list of possible colleges and academic areas of interest
- Continue using Naviance
- Summer – start visiting schools